Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Shawn Castaneda I live in Granger, Indiana
I have 4 tanks + one more that I am setting up in the next two weeks.
I have 2 20 long tanks with various fish I collect from local auctions.
One 55 gallon tank with for my Shell dwellers “Neolamprologus pulcher” and 10 Synodontis petricola. Plants= 1 Cryptocoryne affinis and 1 Cryptocoryne Wendtii Undulated
1 40 gallon with 10 various Rainbows and 6 Cories plus a few Bristle nose plecos. Plants 1 nice Anubias Anubias Frazeri, 1 Cryptocoryne Wendtii Undulated, 1 Bolbitis heudelotti attached to driftwood and 1 "Narrow Leave" Java Fern.
The two 20 longs are planted with Microsorium Pteropus, Najas Guadalupensis, Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Red", Microsorium Pteropus Windelov, Anubias Barteri var. Nana"Pettite", "Narrow Leave" Java Fern, Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Tropica"
All tanks are lighted with 1 strip light, bulbs from Wal-Mart and all tanks have Flourite in them as part of the substrate.

I am setting up a brand new 29 gallon that will have 2 Coralife F/W T-5 Aqualight Double Strip Light-30", 1 Aquaclear filter, Substrate will be Schultz Aquatic Soil mixed with some Flourite and green Sand plus a layer of pool filter sand on top. I want to add co2 but that will have to wait till I can make some more money from the spring Auction that the club I belong to Michiana Aquarium Society holds. I was going to go with a diy co2 but even the slightest chance it could make a mess “explode, wife would kill me, Ban all fish tanks to the basement” I decided I wanted to go with a tank co2 system but I used up my budget so it will have to wait. I haven’t decided what plants to put in it yet but I have an idea. I do plan on moving the Bolbitis heudelotti attached to driftwood to this tank and 1 narrow leaved Java Fern. I plan checking out a friend of mine planted tank and seeing if he has anything I want. I also just ordered for the first time dry ferts from aquariumfertilizers.com.

I do 50% water changes with well water on all my tanks every 2 weeks and add Flourish Trace twice week.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shawn! Looks like you are well on your way. Multiple tank syndrome spreads quickly, and the more things you see that you want, you start thinking of getting more tanks. lol

Get us some pics of your tank when you get a chance, we would like to see them

Sit back and enjoy the site!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to APC, Shawn.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Shawn... Welcome to APC :D

I've wanted to try my hand at shell dweller tank, I might just take the step oneday. Do you have any pics of yours you could share?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts