Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Long time lurker, finally went and officially registered. Figured a 'hello' post was an easy way to get those first 10 posts out of the way, so I can see what it is I'm missing in everybody's siggys. :wink:

Lots of great advice and information here. Hopefully I can utilize it enough to get a tank I'm proud enough of to post a picture.

Right now, it's pretty bleak, only about two months into my first tank. Although my anacris is flourishing, and growing out the tank. Not that that's a real tough thing to do with anacris, I know, but hey, baby steps. Kind of like being proud of having healthy pepper plants in your garden, I suppose...

At least I know I won't have to answer the "why not just use plastic plants" question here.:-#

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Hi Skrej,

Welcome to APC! It won't be long before you are going a lush planted tank with a variety of species if you follow some of the suggestions you find here. Read, ask questions, learn....it worked for me!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Skrej.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
At least I know I won't have to answer the "why not just use plastic plants" question here.:-#
:D Sounds like you're way more than half-way there! Glad you are now participating and not lurking. Two-way communication is always more fulfilling ... and you learn more. PLANT ON!:clap2: ...hope the plants are doing well.. :D

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :wave: ... It will get much easier as you go!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome. Im not a Kansan, but Im in the KC area.....Def. check out kcfishclub, planted tanks are def starting to grow in this area

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, well, it looks like I'm completely on the opposite corner from the other Kansans? I'm in the very SW corner.

For the record, out here we don't really consider KC to be in Kansas. Not even KCK. Ya'll are just kind of KCMo spread west. :badgrin:

But then, most people are convinced Kansas stops just west of Wichita...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah, well, it looks like I'm completely on the opposite corner from the other Kansans? I'm in the very SW corner.

For the record, out here we don't really consider KC to be in Kansas. Not even KCK. Ya'll are just kind of KCMo spread west. :badgrin:

But then, most people are convinced Kansas stops just west of Wichita...
Can categorically state Kansas is definitely a lot further West than Wichita, I did the drive from KC to Denver and Kansas goes on and on and on ... I saw a few trees and then some grass then some cows, then a few trees and then some grass and then some more cows took me a while and all of a suddenty, "HEY theres Mountains over there"! Oh wait they are in Colorado,

Done the I35 run to Wichita more times than I care to remember since I met my beloved Vicki and despite what some folks would tell you it only takes 3 hours from Kansas City, as one old timer told me on the drive to Denver when asked how much longer to Denver, he kinda crinkled up his eyes and sniffed then grinned a toothless grin and drawled "well son (I'm 52!!!) all pends how fast y'ur drivin". It took me 10 hours.

KC to Wichita 3 hours, KC to Denver 10 hours, definitely a lot more of Kansas to explore before I'm done.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts