Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Mike and I'm from maine and I have 3 planted tanks. I've only had plants for about 6 months but as you can tell I have been bitten by the plant bug! I look foward to talking with you all:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike. You're amidst a wonderful array of like-minded hobbyists.

Can you share the specs of your tanks please?

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Mike... Welcome to APC :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Mike. I'm from Maine, too - Midcoast. I'm pretty new to the hobby, as well. A power outage from our recent ice storm is causing me some problems. Hope it didn't affect you! Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all!
Heres my list
Anubias Barteri Var. Barteri
Hygrophila Corymbosa ‘Siamensis’
Cryptocoryne wendtii
pogostemon yatabeanus
Blyxa japonica
sunset/green hygro mix
"micro" tenellus
Blyxa Aubertii
Vallisineria nana
Rotala Macrandra green
Hygrophilia polysperma/polysperma sunset mix

I bought most of my plants from bk828

Remster I'm from windham

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mike,

What are the sizes of your tanks? Can you also provide some details about the filters you use, water change frequency, fish and any other details you think may help everyone here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 10g with 4.5 wpg and co2, 20 gallon with 2.5 wpg and a 55 gallon with 2.75 wpg.
Filtration for the 10 and 20 are tetra tec 20-30 and for the 55 gallon I have a Rena XP3 and an AC110.
my 10 houses guppies, platties, mystery snails, ramshells and pond snails. They don't bother my plants because I feed them broccoli weekly.
My 20 gallon houses mated pair of angels, 2 Bolivian rams, striped raph and 2 featherfin syno.
The 55 houses 7 discus, 2 mated pair of angels, 1 common pleco, a bunch of tetras and 1 gold t-bar cichlid.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome to APC. I just moved from the Maine Coast a month ago. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know about the area, I lived in Portland for 8 years.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!:p

Can't wait to see some pictures of your tanks?

I am bitten by the plant bug too. Just so nice to have an inside garden isn't it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts