Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've checked out this site for awhile now, Joined not to long ago... and finally decided to post! I received my first tank 20 years ago next month! I currently dabble in the more rare/difficult community fish. I'm also in love with apistogrammas. I have over 30 pairs of over 20 different species of apistos. Glad to be a part of the community!

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
:welcome:to APC!... You should post some pics of your fish.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Glad to meet you. I'm impressed that you can remember the month you got your 1st tank 20 years ago! It must have been on your B-day or something. :D Looking forward to seeing your tanks...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to meet you. I'm impressed that you can remember the month you got your 1st tank 20 years ago! It must have been on your B-day or something. :D Looking forward to seeing your tanks...
you are correct!

Thanks everyone! I'm needing to juggle my time between the planted tank forum and this one. I joined that one first and now i've been neglecting this one! Here are some apisto pictures. I'm a horrible photographer so sorry for the pics. These guys were also afraid of the camera for some reason. They don't mind me at all but they were not interested at all in being followed around the tank by the camera. I found that pretty odd.

Elizibethae female

Hoignei pair...

Hongsloi

Inka

Macmasteri

Resticulosua

Trifasciata

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me more Robert! I saw your website linked on another site. I had no idea you were local. Are you online only or do you have a physical store front? I've also been meaning to looking into the Greater Portland Aquarium Society.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I'm in Salem. I'm mail order only, no store front. You can pick up an order if you wish, (I have some customers who do that), but I am not set up so you can pick out your plants. Its all packed and ready to go when you get here, by appoitment, but with the price of gas right now, you might as well let me ship it to you.

GPAS WEB site is GPAS.org David Soars is well known in cichlid circles. He is a fish geek, scientist, breeder of apistos. You can find him on aquabid.com as "Apisto Dave". He lives in Sisters, eastern Oregon. I think he has a WEB site now too. Him and I used to keep in touch for a while, but I havn't talked to him in a few years. He's still out there though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts