Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone and thanks for having me!

i did register a while ago but finally got some time to get more involved here
im still a newbie at kish keeping and havnt even finnished cycling my tank yet so i dont have any experience with fish yet. i just have a basic 29 gallon tank at the moment :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Paavn. This is a great forum to learn and avoid mistakes. Post any of the questions you may have before and you're sure to get all your questions answered.

Can you please share the specs of your tank? (size, substrate, lights, plants, fish, fertilizers, water change frequency, etc...)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to A.P.C. Paavn,

I got my start here about a year, year and a half ago. There is a wealth of knowledge in and around the forums. Many different styles to achieve your goals (whatever they may be). I've had wonderful success with my tanks, and have met many great people here too. The for sale area is a great way to get some really awesome plants, and plant packages if you are looking to expand what you have in your tank (IME (in my experience) fellow planted tank people have much healthier plants than your LFS.

I am in San Diego, what part of So-Cal are you in? If you are local I can always get you some plants when I trim. ;)

Welcome!!

Freshwater

A.K.A.

Todd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the warm welcome :) im in the inland empire (corona) by the 15 and 91. its still about a 2 hr drive to san diego lol used to go down there all the time when i had family there.

the tank is 29 gallons (i dont quite rmr the measurements but im pretty sure the length is around 30" the hight looks to be about 14" and the width about 10) i'll put the exact size in my sig. once i measure the tank

substrate: its white pebble with some red sprinkled all over (wish i went with black sand - maybe after may since i might move) and i have black slate that is layered at an angle to make some hiding spots, theres a medium sized piece of bogwood with lots of holes in it so more hiding spots, and i have a plastic plant. i'll get real ones soon, but not from the LFS theres a fish auction coming up soon so i hope to make it and pick some up from there

equipment: emperor 280 filter, i took out the filter media it came with and put together my own, there was an empty cartridge that i filled with bio-ceramic rings, and i put in a floss behind it to help polish off the water, and then there is the bio-wheel that it comes with.
the heater i have no idea what brand, but i plan on changing it cause it seems flakey... one day its working right the next day my water is at 86.... i'm doing the fishless cycle so i am attempting to keep it at 80-82, oh i have an airpump as well with two outlets that i connected together using a T valve.
the lights i have no idea, it just came with a hood on it and a light fixture with a tube light in it. i plan on having live plants so i think im going to have to change it

if theres anything else i left out and you'd like to know feel free to ask and i'll be happy to answer :)

Paavn

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :humble:Is it true that it never rains in southern California?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to a fellow so caler. Don't you just just love the traffic at Geenriver? This is the site for pretty much anything you want to know along with lots of thigs you didn't think you wanted to know. Have fun and learn lots!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to APC :humble:Is it true that it never rains in southern California?
It rained here last week. About 1/4 of an inch and it was the news headline on every channel. It rains but it does not pour. In the 80's today. Hows everyone else's weather? Tons of people and warm weather or only a few people and lots of snow. Where to live???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts