Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thanks for having me. I have been keeping aquariums for 30+ years and planted tanks for 20. I am a member of a few forums and the one I use a lot is theplantedtank.net. I highly recommend it. I have just begun to dig into APC and look forward to reading it's content. I have a 40 gal and a custom 75 gal. Both are low tech with just Easy Green ferts and liquid carbon. I use Beamswork LED lights and they work well for me. They are on timers so I don't have to touch them. I use sumps on both tanks and have auto top offs on them so I only have to fill the reservoirs once a week or so. I could use auto feeders but, I enjoy interacting with my fish at feeding time. Well that's enough about me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all and thanks for having me. I have been keeping aquariums for 30+ years and planted tanks for 20. I am a member of a few forums and the one I use a lot is theplantedtank.net. I highly recommend it. I have just begun to dig into APC and look forward to reading it's content. I have a 40 gal and a custom 75 gal. Both are low tech with just Easy Green ferts and liquid carbon. I use Beamswork LED lights and they work well for me. They are on timers so I don't have to touch them. I use sumps on both tanks and have auto top offs on them so I only have to fill the reservoirs once a week or so. I could use auto feeders but, I enjoy interacting with my fish at feeding time. Well that's enough about me.
Hey glad you joined, I just recently joined yesterday and hoping to grow my knowledge here, I have multiple tank syndrome and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, I hope I can get some knowledge from you since you have 30+ years in the hobby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just joined a few minutes ago. I'm in Georgia, too, but a novice pretty much. I have small tanks & mostly Panda corydoras (in 39 gal) & pygmy corydoras (in 29 gal) with some various smaller tetras for a little variety. I've had only ferns, moss & some anubias & buce b/c I killed anything else I tried a few years ago when beginning. Oh, & moss balls, of course. Right now I've just begun experimenting w/diy co2, to see if I can get more things to grow. Otherwise, things have gone great. We had a 75 gal for a while, but it took up too much room. That was before we discovered the pygmies. We just had a community tank, but the Panda cories had so many babies, we ended up having to take them to the only good LFS we know of near us to trade for store credit. Now, in the smaller tank, they only have a baby show up every several months or so. Anyway, I'm also looking for how to find aquatic plants in the wild around here. I look forward to everyone's input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts