Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Maria and I live in Sweden (so excuse me If my english is badly written).

I´ve had aquariums off and on since I was a child. During my childhood the main focus was on fish but as I grew older I found aquariumplants entertaining as well. Today I consider myself as a lowtech/lowlight aquarist that find it entertaining to try out plants described suitable for hightech aquariums and this far I think I´ve managed quite well.

Today I have three planted aquariums with fish (182L, 63L, 63L) and one planted nanoaquarium with cherryshrimps (9L) and since yesterday two 2,5L-jars with plants.

182L - Plants today Blyxa japonica, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Echinodorus bleheri, Echinodrous sp. and since last week even a Nymphaea lotus green (This picture is a soon month old but it´ll do)

63L - Plants today Blyxa japonica, Echinodorus ozelot green, Micranthemum umbrosum and Vallisneria american natans

63L - Rescaped yesterday so it looks a bit empty. Plants today Echinodorus harbii, Echinodorus rubin, Echinodorus vesuvius, Hydrocotyle leucocephala and Sagittaria subulata.

9L - Plants today Cryptocoryne nevelli, Hygrophila corymbosa compact, Microsorum pteropus windelöw and Ranunculus papulentus

Why I joined APC? I´m curious and sometimes the swedish sites haven´t been enough to give me the information I´ve been searching for and APC have actually given me some answers :hail:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very nice tanks. Can you please share some additional specifications of your tanks?

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very nice tanks. Can you please share some additional specifications of your tanks?

regards,
Ravi
I´ll give it a try...

182L:
Size: 90cm*45cm*45cm (Length-Hight-Depth)
Started: October 2007
Light: T8 30W warmwhite
Filtration: Aquaclear 570 connected to a filtermedia of this type http://www.pwss.se/image.php?productid=3913
Substrate: English seastone 9-12mm and swedish seasand
Other: Mangrove covered with BBA
Nutrion: PMDD standarddose once a week and waste from fishes and uneaten food.
Waterchanges: Once a week 30%
Fishload: More than average

63L no1:
Size: 60cm*35cm*30cm (Length-Hight-Depth)
Started: April 2008
Light: 11W fluorescent twin tube, Global by Ikea
Filtration: Eheim (unknown model).
Substrate: AN Dekoline and sand (Råda)
Other: Rocks from the garden
Nutrition: PMDD standarddose once a week and waste from fishes and uneaten food.
Fishload: Average

63L no2:
Size: 60cm*35cm*30cm (Lenght-Hight-Depth)
Started: May 2008
Light: T5 14W Color 827
Filtreration: Elite Stingray 15, had a Aquael fan 2 earlier but changed a month back.
Substrate: English seastone 3-5mm
Other: Coalstone
Nutrition: PMDD standarddose once a week and waste from fishes and uneaten food.
Fishload: Way over average (frytank)

9L:
Size: 30cm*20cm*15cm (Lenght-Hight-Depth)
Started: Marsh 2008
Light: Halogen G4 20W, Espressivo by Ikea
Filtration: None
Substrate: Sand (actually for Chinchillas)
Other: Mangrove
Nutrition: PMMD standarddose once a week and waste from shrimps and uneaten food.
Waterchanges: None, refills the wateramount that have evaporated during the week.
Shrimpload: 7 adualts + fry

·
Registered
581 Posts
Very nice....welcome to the site. We are glad you found your way here and signed up. Lots of very good information as well as people. Looks like you have had good luck so far with your tanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice....welcome to the site. We are glad you found your way here and signed up. Lots of very good information as well as people. Looks like you have had good luck so far with your tanks.
Thanks, nice you like my setups.

And yes I must agree I think I´ve managed well this far, just smaller algaeissues and smaller nutrituionlacks.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC Maria! Your tanks look great!

We look forward to having you as a member of the community. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice tanks! I like the first two the best. What are your water parameters like there?
Thanks, the first two is the two I like best aswell. But I hope the other other ones grows on and looks better with help of time.

As I mentioned I´m a lowtech/lowlight aquarist and with that comes "nontester", I never do testes of factors as pH, dH and so on I just use my eyes. If something seems wrong I try to figure out whats wrong.

But the tapwater says: pH 8,2, dH 3,5°dH. The watercleaning-factory (vattenverk) in my region uses ozon to clean the water and the main waterresource is a small softwater lake connected to the sea so theres some salts in it. This is the latest water-report for you chemichans :cool:

http://www.gavlevatten.se/Kvalitet/Vattenkvalitet%202008/Norrsundet.pdf

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to APC! So glad you are here. Looks like you have quite a bit of success with your tanks. Are those albino ottos I see in your 63L?
Don´t have any ottos, in one of the 63L tanks I have corydoras aeneus albino in the other there is fry of ancistrus sp. gold/albino and I guess it was the later you saw as ottos.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Maria... Welcome to APC :D

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi Maria,

Welcome to APC. Your setting will change automatically as the number of "posts" (messages) increases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts