Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but not to the aquatic lifestyle, though not very knowledgeable in plants. I just sold a 400 gl tank and only have left my 75 gl which consist of Bichirs, Titetrack Eel, Gouramis, and a couple Goldfish, and a X-Large Common Plecostamus. Then my 35 gl. Bowfront with Rare Angelfish, greenback carydoras, Rapheal Catfish, Long Fin Diamond Tetras, Black Skirt Tetras, and 3 little orange tetras I rescued, not sure what they are. For plants, I have Amazon Swords. I am looking and was trying to find plants from outside that I can use that's fully submersible in my tanks and are safe for my critters.

I have one I was going to try and giving it a light bleach bath now. Not sure what it is though .. can anyone help identify and tell me if it's safe out not. It's a creeping viney type plant.
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Flowering plant
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Flowering plant

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum! That plant appears to be Sedum sarmentosum, it's an invasive succulent often found along urban waterways. Unfortunately, it's not an aquatic plant and will do best as garden groundcover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Welcome to the forum! That plant appears to be Sedum sarmentosum, it's an invasive succulent often found along urban waterways. Unfortunately, it's not an aquatic plant and will do best as garden groundcover.
Thank you for the information. I did put some in a container with a couple pests (snails) send see what happens with lighting and cycled aquarium water. Been in there 3 data now and no dying off or decay yet. Will keep updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts