Aquatic Plant Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Took apart the ADA 45F and are currently using it for another project and here are some of the plants it grew lol.

Moved some things around in our bedroom and upgraded our night stand

Please excuse the dirty lily pipes and dog lol

And here's the Fluval growing nicely

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
God, cannot get over those pictures... And also the tanks don't even get me started again :p

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
hahah thanks man!

Updates on the Fluval. We're now on a weekly trim and replant schedule.....

Soooo...... we decided to bring the ADA 45f back out and have it actually scaped this time. We're shutting down our dual dining table setup to make this happen since we're running out of room for tanks lol.

TIMELASPE VIDEO HERE:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
What is you secret to have no visible algae

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Maintenance at least twice a week, monitor everything (co2 levels, ferts and making sure not to over feed or clog filters)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates, we've been sooooooo busy with life and taking care of tanks and whatnot that we haven't had the chance to properly update with good content. We also have had our 90p shut down and ready for a re-scape and setup another ADA 60h just to hold all the plants we don't use LOL. Anyway, we've been busy with our home office remodeling in which we tore out our whole office just to repaint and setup a new DIY desk. We decided it was time to bring out the old Dual setups again and re-scape them for the office. The tank on the left is mine and the tank on the right is hers which we each setup individually....

]

Sorry, just got behind the scenes of her scaping her own and I didn't have someone else to shoot my own until I was done. BUT here's a video we made of us both scaping our respective tanks:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
OH MY GOD your skills are impeccable...
Btw that one pic with the dog holding the stick was a great mind illusion :p

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Besides doing journals you should do how to's as well ive seen you say that you make some pretty neat stuff. For example those lights, and some other stuff I forgot lol

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Here are a few weekly updates for ya'll!

The nightstand tank is looking thick and lush, might actually throw in more fish or shrimp in it now that it's full and thick with greenery.

The dry start setup on our ADA 45f is going well at 1.5 months. 3 more months and it should be all filled. Not sure at this point whether or not we even want to fill it with water. It looks so nice!

The kitchen counter Fluvial looking wild as ever with thick stems. Might be selling this whole setup soon.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It took about 2 weeks but we cleared out the ADA 90p and rescaped it with a new hardscape layout that is wayyyy more aggressive than the last. This new main rock is HUGE!!! If we let it stand up straight with no tilt, it would stick out the top of the tank. The plans for now are just a low lawn of a mix of HC, Monte Carlo, and Elatine Hydropiper. We'll also be dry starting this tank since we've had great success with the ADA 45f. Plants will also be added before we fill the tank with water on the plateaus of the rocks to create a layered look thereby creating more depth to the scape itself. Might consider throwing in some e. tenellus micro to break up the rocks a bit when the lawn grows in... we just have to see. The hills in the back will be higher once we get to planting.

lol....

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
This should be fun, is that.... your reflection in the second pic? weird.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
We had some free time to do a Quick Scape in one of our empty tanks. Its about a 10g tank with 2 pieces of spider wood and 4 pieces of Ryuoh stone to hold the scape together. It looks really nice and can work for high tech stem plants or low light ferns and anubias/buce. Let us know what you think! the scape took about 20mins to put together.

Here's finally an update on our ADA 45f dry start that closing in on 3 months now. The UG is doing great and we added a second LED stripe thats not shown in the photos to speed up growth which also means more misting. Sorry for the lack of updates on this tank because you'll notice that it's been moved to our dining table where the duel nano used to be. So things like napkins get in the way of the tank for photos.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hey guys, we're back at it again with another 36CM tank because the lady decided to buy yet another Betta which I don't mind at all. We decided to use all wood only and chose 4 Manzanita twigs which we pre-soaked and boiled for about 3 days and nights.

We secured them together as one piece with metal ties so that it wouldn't fall apart during planting, maintenance or from the flow of the filters.

Next we tied Taiwan Mini Moss along with Anubias Nana Pangolino to the wood to fill in the unnatural looking gaps and cuts. Pangolino is even smaller than Petite and was available in tissue culture!

All the tissue culture plants we got which includes: LUDWIGIA REPENS 'SUPER RED' , ROTALA SP 'PINK' , MYRIOPHYLLUM SP MINI GUYANA, HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA , ALTERANTHERA REINECKII "MINI" , ELEOCHARIS BELEM , MICRANTHEMUM UMBROSUM , and the Anubias

We set the wood and ADA substrate layers in place and decide how to plant around it

The background was planted first with LUDWIGIA REPENS 'SUPER RED' as the main background plant for... well, super red.

Then the mid ground for reds and a splash of lighter green from HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA and ALTERANTHERA REINECKII "MINI" as accent

Finally the foreground of feathery ELEOCHARIS BELEM to soften the overall look of this planted nano tank.

A little cloudy after we set it up along with the temporary filter. We'll have clear photos soon.

Here's the Betta it houses and his name is Butter.

A preview of our next Quick Scape with Manzanita Wood and Ryuoh Stone

Stay Tuned!

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Can never get enough....
:) Looks great! (when do I not say this?... lol)

61 - 80 of 100 Posts