Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The entry formerly called Hemigraphis traian needed to be edited to reflect new information, but things did not go smoothly. Editing the text was no problem. However, when I attempted to change the photos, I got this message:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images//thumbs/H.traian.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in /home/aquaticp/public_html/forumapc/plantfinder/doedit.php on line 84

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images//thumbs/Hemigraphistraian.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in /home/aquaticp/public_html/forumapc/plantfinder/doedit.php on line 84
If you go to the entry of the plant itself, the main photo does show up.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...etails.php?id=150&category=genus&spec=unknown

There used to be three photos, but the one that was the main photo before was never really that good (color was way off) and I decided to just leave it out. The other two were in a file on my computer I use to store photos for the PF.

Going to the list of unknown plants gets you the entry but a bunch a red X where the photo should be.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/go.php

I'm sorry if I'm not clear right now. I wanted to do this before bed, but I'm really tired now and will give it a shot tomorrow. Perhaps it would be easier if I talked to Sanjay about it over the phone.

Edit: If you click on the blank photos with the red X, they do bring up a photo. The third box brings up what was once the tertiary photograph. I'd like to get rid of that.

Edit II: There appears to be a general problem with viewing many of the photos in all entries. I'm not sure yet if it has to do primarily with the ones I've added.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
As of 6/21/08, some of the photos in the plant finder are not accessible. See the two Lindernia species, Bacopa sp. colorata, Blyxa aubertii for examples. Usually the broken link icon shows in the picture box and you get a Forbidden error message if you click on it.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like all photos besides the main one to be up to 150mb in size. Originally they were all 100 and Dave from xoxide said he'd make them all 150. Unfortunately, the change only affected the main photo. For all others, the limit is still 100. If they can all be raised to 200 or so, that would be great. I wouldn't have to reduce photo quality so much.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
I'd like all photos besides the main one to be up to 150mb in size. Originally they were all 100 and Dave from xoxide said he'd make them all 150. Unfortunately, the change only affected the main photo. For all others, the limit is still 100. If they can all be raised to 200 or so, that would be great. I wouldn't have to reduce photo quality so much.
I think you mean 150k ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, this issue should be resolved now. Due to an issue on the server the images werent allowed to be stored after you submitted them. All new entries and edits should work now.

:cool:

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks. Most of them look pretty good now. One little sticky remains.

Look at this entry:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...etails.php?id=150&category=genus&spec=unknown

There were three photos, but I removed one and moved the third one up to the main spot. Unfortunately, it is also still in the third spot and I can't get rid of it. There has to be a photo there now? I can't get it back to nothing?

I take it the Rick Astley entries were put in as a test... I took out two of them. Can the third be removed now as well? Might be funny to leave it in there for a bit.....

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK, thanks. Most of them look pretty good now. One little sticky remains.

Look at this entry:

There were three photos, but I removed one and moved the third one up to the main spot. Unfortunately, it is also still in the third spot and I can't get rid of it. There has to be a photo there now? I can't get it back to nothing?

I take it the Rick Astley entries were put in as a test... I took out two of them. Can the third be removed now as well? Might be funny to leave it in there for a bit.....

Thanks.
I think the thumbnails document all the pictures available for that plant, they are made at the entries creation. Next week I can look into trying to make a fix for this. This problem will take a little more time to solve because it is a coding issue.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
P3R3,

When you look at this, would you mind looking at the articles in the "Library" too? You can access these by the yellow toolbar at the top of each page.

The thumbnails created for the articles were somehow lost during the server move too. They show as broken links now.

Thanks for taking care of all of this stuff!

·
Registered
124 Posts
P3R3,

When you look at this, would you mind looking at the articles in the "Library" too? You can access these by the yellow toolbar at the top of each page.

The thumbnails created for the articles were somehow lost during the server move too. They show as broken links now.

Thanks for taking care of all of this stuff!
I looked through the articles and I did not find any broken images. Can you show me where you see the broken images?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
The actual photos in the articles are OK now. The problem is with the thumbnails in the main library screen. The first few thumbnails are ok, but the last 5 or 6 articles on the page show just a red "X" where the thumbnail should be. Some of the articles don't show a thumbnail and only show a default "APC Article" image.

When a new article is created, APC somehow creates a new thumbnail out of an image that is provided. I'm assuming it stores it somewhere in the database and links it to the article.

Come to think of it, people are having problems modifying their avatars too. I'm assuming these smaller images are stored somewhere separate than the "aquatic plant pictures".

·
Registered
124 Posts
The actual photos in the articles are OK now. The problem is with the thumbnails in the main library screen. The first few thumbnails are ok, but the last 5 or 6 articles on the page show just a red "X" where the thumbnail should be. Some of the articles don't show a thumbnail and only show a default "APC Article" image.

When a new article is created, APC somehow creates a new thumbnail out of an image that is provided. I'm assuming it stores it somewhere in the database and links it to the article.

Come to think of it, people are having problems modifying their avatars too. I'm assuming these smaller images are stored somewhere separate than the "aquatic plant pictures".
I have fixed this now as well. :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts