Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Help! Gourami is becoming too agro

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bdement 
#1 · (Edited)
My dwarf gourami is building his bubble nest, but is being very aggressive (he's ready for breeding) towards his tank mates.(cardinals, galaxy rasbora) I think I'm gonna pull him out but there's no way I'm going to be able to catch him in a heavily planted tank. Any ideas on how to catch him without destroying the tank? :rolleyes:

I know he's prob just going through his breeding phase but I'd like to pull the couple out regardless.
Thanks in advance.

Jeff

#4 ·
Since they tend to be top-dwellers, you'll want to attack from below. Net, in hand, mid-tank height. Sprinkle a little food maybe. Then swoop up.

Or

Place the net in a vertical position, handle toward the ceiling. One side of the net against the substrate, the other against (typically the front pane) the glass. Hold it stationary, as you chase him with hand/another net into the area of the net - then close the net against the glass. This typically works better with bigger nets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.