Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it from local aquarium store for 1 euro, because it was dying and store keeper could not recognize the plant. Anyhow it sprung back to life in terra cotta pot and is producing new leaves..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is a sword (Echinodorus) but not sure which one - I don' think it is oxelo or ozelot. Colour wise it is really close to echinodorus oriental but the leaves are wrong.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure it is a sword (Echinodorus) but not sure which one - I don' think it is oxelo or ozelot. Colour wise it is really close to echinodorus oriental but the leaves are wrong.
Thank you 😊 So it is surely Echinodorus of some sort, now I just have to wait and see what it develops into to make more accurate identification.

·
Registered
Just some Walstad method tanks
67 Posts
You could allow it to grow emersed and it will.make plantlets off the flowers, only after your plant is strong and mature enough. My emersed E. bleheri throws out lots of plantlets

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could allow it to grow emersed and it will.make plantlets off the flowers, only after your plant is strong and mature enough. My emersed E. bleheri throws out lots of plantlets
Okay, sounds nice. I really have to try it once the plant is properly established. Thank you for the tip 😊

·
Registered
143 Posts
my first thought was echinodorus kleiner bar.

Reactions: Garuda2520
1 - 7 of 7 Posts