Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 gallon has developed a leak. Over the past few weeks I have noticed some water bahind it but figured it was because i was messy when I trim. It is a small "seep" that comes from about half way up the back/side joint. I might have nicked oit with a razer while cleaning but I don't know. Is there anything I can do without tearing it all down. If I have to tear it down it would be easier to just get a new 10 gallona nd switch everything form one to the other. I just really like this aquascape I have going right now:( Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oww wait, I think I found it. the leak seems to be coming from the very top. Must by a bad joint under the top frame some where. It seeps out until the water level drops to about the bottom of the rim and then it stops. That explanse why it drops so fast. That also explans why there is a ltle water bahind the tank but no more. I always figured it was water that got under the tank during wc's and slowly soaked out due to gravity and surface tension. Ah, now to jsut fix that. Soory fo the false alarm all, I just really did not want to change the tank:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts