Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pressurized co2 tank and im dosing dry fertz per instructions on chucks calculator. I have about 4wpg on a 37 gallon tank. Its heavily planted and i have some mollies, tetras, and some shrimp.

I have my lights running about 7.5 hours a day, and my ph tester shows green after a couple of hours of the co2 being on. the co2 turns on about an hour before the lights do. I do 50% water changes every week.

My problem is green water as well as an green colored algae film growing on the glass. There is almost no algae on plants though.

I tried a black out for 3 or 4 days and that cleared up the water and glass completely, but about a week later it started growing back slowly. The water isnt extremely green, nor is the algae on the glass but its annoying and seems to be growing very slowly.

My plants are growing very well, and I was dosing excel for a month or so but that wasnt doing much.

Any suggestions? I know something is probably out of balance...but i have no idea what. The only testing kit i have is a liquid PH tester and I have no money for any other equipment at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.