Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very nervous about using this system. I am not using a solenoid. Regulator is WRCO2.
https://www.amazon.com/Interstate-Pneumatics-WRCO2-CO2-Regulator/dp/B0098WNACG/ref=asc_df_B0098WNACG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242000375746&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4858672284310499582&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010854&hvtargid=pla-571601946375&psc=1

Uncertain what I should do 1st. Uncertain if I should 1st set the regulator to 30-50 psi or turn needle valve off 1st. Logic says to turn needle valve off 1st, but instructions I read some where say.

For no pressure in the post body system start up.
1. set the output pressure of the regulator at 30-50 psi.
2. close all needle valves, turn on the solenoid.
3. open the needle valve, slowly, monitor the bubble rate, every time you turn the needle valve,

·
Registered
9 Posts
You seem to be tracking fine. With the pressure set, adjust your needle valve. Go slowly though, and give your bubble counter time to catch up, at least a couple of minutes.

I would highly suggest a solenoid. Otherwise you will be doing this procedure every day. You could theoretically note the degrees you turn the valve to set it the same every day but there will be a few problems with this.

The bottle temperature and pressure will change constantly. Additionally, you will find that even the smallest change to the needle valve will have huge changes in the bubble rate.

I like to but a big thick sock on my bottle to help with Temps. I also like to insulate under the tank, or at least isolate it a bit. My house is never 78 degrees so the temperature swings under the tank a good bit but a piece of foam across the back basically holds the tank temp.

You can get an adapter to run a standard regulator with solenoid. I found mine at aquarium plants .com (not sure if links are allowed) for about 80 bucks with the solenoid but that was many years ago.

Good luck! If anything, keep it low and cut back on ferts and light so you don't accidentally gas the fauna.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts