Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to dose dry ferts.

My dry ferts will be here in a few days and I"m trying to decide what to do. I like the PPS method best but I would like to control the KNO3 & KH2PO4 a little better. ((Other tank ifno. is below.))

Will this work?

Thanks!!!

Macros
In 1 liter bottle:
59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
41 grams MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.
Dose 1ml per 10 gallons per day

Dose KNO3 & KH2PO4 according to testing.

Micros
In 1 liter bottle:
80 grams of CSM+B
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.
Dose 1ml per 10 gallons per day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Gallon Tank
6.7 wpg - (1x15watt T-8 & 2x26watt Spiral CF's )I know it's probably not actually 6.7 wpg)
DIY CO2
aqua-clear 30
heater
1 Bag of fluorite
NPK & Plantex (ordering on-line)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi mattmathis,

Hopefully Edward will address this question, but my guess would be no. If the chemicals are not available in the proper proportions, problems with plant growth and algae may occur. I am under the impression that changing the concentration of one nutrient, requires changing the others.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You could try the PPS Classic dosing regimen. It is a little more hands on which might cater to your liking.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The PPS Pro is fine for the new tank I'm starting, but I have a 75 gallon tank that has been established for around 5 years and the nitrates are 40ppm even with 30% weekly water changes. And I bet the phosphates are at least high enough to get by if not all ready too high. (P test is on the way)

I simply want to dose potassium, magnesium, and trace without dosing nitrates and phosphates.

Surely some one can tell me how...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts