Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a copy of my city water report....

What exactly is important in this report that I need to pay attention to?

Do I use this to adjust my PPS - Pro dosing?

I have a 130g Heavily planted tank with 384 watts pc lighting

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Was there any particular reason you got your water report? Were you checking for contaminates? Are you trying to find out how much ca or mg you have? How are your plants doing? This would just confuse me. Those values will change as your plant grow. I guess I might look there if I were having unexplained shrimp/fish deaths or something like that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had any issues with fish or shrimp dying.

For some reason..I was thinking I needed to know my GH or KH as well as other elements and adjust dosing. :rolleyes:

My main problem, distribution of CO2 but I think I am having this problem because I have hard water.

I guess in other words, I need to stop thinking too hard and just leave this alone? [smilie=u:

My plants seem to do fine, I have no deficiencies showing and my BBA is slowly disappearing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For some reason..I was thinking I needed to know my GH or KH as well as other elements and adjust dosing. :rolleyes:
I wish to bring this back because I think I'm thinking along the same lines... perhaps.. even if still wrong;)

I was told (don't know for sure, still trying to find out) that every three years the water districts are supposed to do a more detailed analysis of their water, basically more than what is in their yearly report.

If this report (if it exists) tells me how many ppm of K is in the water couldn't I then use the Fertilator to determine how many grams of chemical it would take to reach that concentration and subtract that amount from the PPS-pro recipe? Perhaps get me closer so I don't have to adjust things as much in the beginning? I just use K as an example

I'm just now starting to get things figured out w/ stump remover, Flourish, and squirting enema water into the tank. As of last night though, I have a gram scale and and several baggies of powdery substances! WooHoo!

Just wondering if this line of thinking is uhhh... errrr... stupid?

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts