Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
In my tanks it seems to like a lot of light, CO2 supplimentation, a fine substrate, and a lot of nutrients in the water.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Curiosity, how well is it growing for you? How long have you been growing it for? Can you give us some tank specs such as temperature, PH, KH, GH, NO3, PO4....

Any photos?

I just got some myself and have placed it in two separate tanks with different conditions to see if I can get it to grow.

Thanks
Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
459 Posts
gpodio said:
Curiosity, how well is it growing for you? How long have you been growing it for? Can you give us some tank specs such as temperature, PH, KH, GH, NO3, PO4....

Any photos?

I just got some myself and have placed it in two separate tanks with different conditions to see if I can get it to grow.

Thanks
Giancarlo Podio
It was a cast off from my buddy Ghazanfar.

It is growing, since I've never had it before I can't give a good or bad rating to the rate. I've had it about 2 weeks and it has doubled in volume. I don't have a heater in the tank, I'm overdosing the nutrients to get the tank ready for the ADA comp. I have moderately hard water. I don't have any parameters to give you as I haven't tested this tank in a month. Pressurized CO2 30 bubbles a minute to a hagen ladder. No pictures yet either.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, doubled in size is probably better than most of us have seen lately, I'd say it's doing rather well in that case. I'm glad you don't have a heater, neither do I in one of the tanks I planted it in. I do however have soft water, PH is <6.0 in one tank and other tank is 6.8. If I see any signs of it dying I will increase the hardness in one of the tanks. What fertilizers are you using?

I planted some in my established tank and the new 2.5g hoping one will succeed. You can see the initial setup here, but haven't had it long enough to make any predictions. The only positive sign I've seen is it's pearling in the 2.5g tank with very soft water and around 60ppm CO2. Can't say I've seen any pearling in my established tank however :-(

http://www.gpodio.com/other/hc/

Keeping my fingers crossed. If all else fails you gonna have some shipping to do :wink:

Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do you have a sprig you can grow emersed to ensure you don't loose it completely?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have heard they're the same plant.

Don't quote me on that :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok that should explain why I have always seen the same plant on pictures.

I have some of this plant and it didn't grow very fast since few weeks, when I started to add PO4.
Now it starts to grow very much faster. For my case, I think this change is due to the PO4 adding.
Now I'm wondering how I gone prune it, It has already grwon 2cm on the frontal glass ... :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts