Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after doing a little research It may not be the pearl weed. Let me do a little research. Myabe I need to take a pic and try to id it for sure. I will repost when rdy to sell.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Bryan this is probably what you have: This is off Tropica's web-site

Hemianthus micranthemoides is a graceful plant whose small, arched leaves make it look like a miniature version of Egeria. It has a characteristic trailing growth in intensive light, so it can be used as a foreground plant. A compact group of H. micranthemoides is very beautiful with its small, light-green leaves. In terrariums the plant forms a compact cushion. Used to be called Micranthemum micranthemoides.

As opposed to this:

Micranthemum umbrosum is a beautiful plant with small round leaves. It is suitable for small or large aquariums. Relatively demanding in terms of light. CO2 addition is recommended to promote growth. Once the plant starts growing it grows fast, and the shoots have to be pinched out often (can be planted as cuttings in the bottom). Most beautiful in groups of many stems.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so I was correct it is the pearl weed. I just got confused due to the different names and the oval/round leave comparison. The pearl grass I have has oval spade type leaves, but according to Amano and alot of other sites it is pearl weed.

It is up for trade/sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.