Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a rare species of the genus of Hemigraphis that can be planted submergedly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My guess, based on the appearance of these stems, is that this photo shows emersed growth just submerged.

true or false?
___
Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure it is the submerged form because the emerged form of this plant will grow larger, dark purple, and glossy leaves.
Although only a few of the genus can be used in aquariums this plant is not so difficult for us to keep in the water of sufficient Co2 supply.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cavan Allen said:
That looks very interesting. Can you tell us more about it? To where is it native, requirents, uses, etc.
This plant was employed in an aquascape with Echinodorus sp. 'Oriental', Cyperus helferi, Eleocharis acicularis/parvulus, Rotala sp. 'Goias', and Tonina sp. among other plants that won 1st or 2nd in the 2004 Taiwan Aquascaping Contest, where Harry Kwong and Wayne Sham also participated. The original link is no longer active but below are the photos from my personal archive. I do not know who the creator is or where the images are currently being hosted. Anyone?

The images have been edited to fit the upload rules. Please PM me if you are interested in the full resolution originals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts