Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
my name is Robert Gall and I'm from the north-east of Germany. Currently I live and study biology in Greifswald (a small city at the coast of the Baltic Sea), Mecklenburg-Westpommerania. Planted tanks are a hobby of mine for some years now but being also a guppy breeder and shrimp breeder, tank space was limited in the last years and I decided to use most of my tanks for my guppies. The guppies themselves are very beautiful fishes but they are the wrong ones for heavily planted tanks because many plants do not do well with medicaments and it's hard to keep such a tank clean (which are two important points if you keep fancy guppies).
But now I'm setting up a new planted show tank again. It will be small 60x40x40cm tank with some pieces of driftwood and lots of mosses (my new love after years of Echinodorus spp. keeping). Of course I'll add shrimps too but definitely no guppies. High breed fancy guppies are not really the perfect fishes for such a moss-tank, so I'll use Hengel's harlequin rasbora.
I hope to learn a lot about plants and aquascaping here, especially about the more rare plants like Hemianthus callitrichoides. I also admire some of Amano's works but didn't found good explanations about the Zen style and things like that yet.

Best regards

Robert

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Robert, Welcome to APC :smile:

You have came to the right place to learn about plants & aquascaping.

Looking forward of seeing pics of your show tank.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC Robert.
I'm sure if I mentioned your location to my husband, he'd know just where your area is. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts