Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have returned to the aquarium hobby after about 45 years. This time, trying some Nano Aquascaping and fancy guppies. Still struggling to master a basic knowledge of water chemistry and the nitrogen cycling process. Been doing lots of Internet research on the best filters for small aquaria and the best ways to do water changes/cleaning with minimal disruption and Ammonia buildup. 4 to 8 weeks is a long time to wait for tank cycling to stabilize things, so I am trying some shortcuts (seeding the newer tanks, use of de-nitrifying bacteria ("Dr. Tim's One and Only"), etc. Not exactly an easy hobby to master, but I expect it to be pretty rewarding when I have mastered some great techniques, time savers and life savers. Right now spending an enormous amount of time learning and setting up tanks (12 so far, but may need more for the guppy fry to come). Hope to see lots of "aha's", new great labor/life saving product suggestions, and insights about care and maintenance of aquaria and plants.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.