Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just wanted to say HI! I'm fairly new to fishing and planted aquarium. It all started about 2 months ago when my son wanted to get an aquarium so off we went to the lfs. We got him a 1 gallon tank with 1 beta he named him Mystery (don't ask me why), some blue gravel and a fake grass plant. A week past the beta died-- wth! off to the lfs for a refund/replacement and we got a replacement and they said my water was good so we got, Mystery 2. Another week past Mystery 2 didn't make it, then my obsession started. I Went online to forums and found out betas or fishes need room to swim so I bought my son a 10 gallon tank with heater, filter and lights.
To make story short that 10 gallon tank was a fish death trap' now it is fully cycled, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate after 1 and half months. Hes got a swordtail, guppy, oto, 2 snails and one mean danio (about to take him out).
For me I bought a used 29 gallon tank with everything included even fake plants. Those fake plants are gone upon stumbling this particular website and after seeing those beautiful fully planted tanks. I have bought plants from a couple of members already and I'm just starting.

Damn beta fish.....
Roy

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Roy... Welcome to APC :D

Danio's are hyper little fish and can be a bet aggressive. They do better when kept in schools, which can cut down on their aggression. You have the right idea of taken him back to the store if you don't plan on getting more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Yeah that danio is one hyper fish, my son gets 1 free fish a month from our local store here which is cool, but hes only got 10 gallons so the rest goes in mine hehe.

Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.