Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I’m into a ultra-high tech aquarium any suggestions?

I purchased a pH controlled CO2 system. I already know about the issues with kH and CO2 levels; so, I’ve been checking my kH every other day to make sure it doesn’t go haywire.

I’ve started out at relatively low levels of CO2 (less than 10%) and my tank is cranking out O2 like a chemical factory.

OK here are the questions? Does anyone with experience with pH controlled CO2 systems have any suggestions or recommendations? Other than watching kH is there anything else I should be aware of? Finally, why do you love/hate the technology?

Please answer with your experience not stuff off the top of your head.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ray, Your CO2 injection should not cause any appreciable change in your aquarium's KH. You should actually not be able to detect a difference with your test kits at all. I wouldn't bother running that test so frequently. Watch the fish if you've got any. Don't worry too much about the kh.

You basically want enough CO2 to make your plants happy, and not so much that you make your fish unhappy. There is much debate as to what that means, but I think a safe recommendation is 30ppm CO2.

What are you using to determine your CO2 level? You might find a drop-checker helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.