Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these fish? What about Liniparhomaloptera disparis? Do you like them in your tank, they have any nasty habits?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had some hillstream/butterfly loaches in my planted 90. I loved the fish but I couldn't keep them alive for very long. I hear that they absolutely have to have cool water (72ish), lots of water movement, and some smooth rocks. I didn't do any of that and couldn't keep any of them alive for more than a month or 2. I like them a lot, but not enough to dedicate an entire tank to them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my tanks are cooler, I've got one in a 6 gallon Eclipse with no heater, other than not getting any bigger he's doing well. It has some Java Fern in it that I just moved in there, a fake log(need to go collecting), but no rocks. He doesn't hang in the current either. Neat little fish.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'll have to go and read it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
with typical planted tanks, these loaches will do well if you let either the back or side glass wall develop good green algae growth. I have had mine for months (the previous batch died due to a power failure) and they seem well-fed and active.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts