Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been lurking a while here and I finally decided to sign up. I had fish tanks for about 10 years, but nothing too seriously. Mostly goldfish, etc. I've killed off several live plants for the past year or so before I decided to look it up on the 'Net. I mean, growing plants couldn't be THAT complicated, right? Man, did I ever get an education. I have a BS in Biochemistry/Chemistry from UCSD, so I can understand the techno-speak, and it is sure fun to be able to use some of that "useless knowledge" that I acquired in college.
Well, I bought more lights for my tank, and my DIY CO2 system has just started to brew. I picked up some Flora-something from Tetra until I can get some PMDD from gregwatson.com. I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath in the hopes of not killing off this round of plants.

I have a 35 gallon tall octagonal plexi tank with 2 goldfish, 3 neon tetras, a giant pl*co, 2 longfin zebra danios, another smaller algae-eater that I don't know the name of, and 3 silver "pregnant" fish that my wife bought because they looked like her (8 months pregnant) (name?). Plants include 3 swords (species unknown), a bunch of elodea, and a crypt wendtii (sp?). My SAE disappeared a month ago. I assume he died and was eaten. I used to have some ghost shrimp and marble mollies until my wife decided to "clean" the tank as a surprise for me. Boy, was I!

Until the next post . . .

-Dustin

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Dustin, welcome to APC :) Looks like you have had quit a learning experience with planted tanks. If you have any more problems we are here to help.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I look forward to learning more.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome Dustin.

It should be a piece of cake for you since you understand the chemistry side of it so well. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts