Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Token expired action could not be completed

just spent about a good 40 minutes writing a detailed message and it all got deleted.

:mad2:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The real sad part is it happened also when i re wrote the message (smaller obviously) and it got deleted to, woohoo!

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hello there,

There is a 30-minute session timeout.
I've increased it now to prevent this from happening.
Let us know if this continues to happen.

Ed

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there,

There is a 30-minute session timeout.
I've increased it now to prevent this from happening.
Let us know if this continues to happen.

Ed
hmm i dont think i was on the page for 30 mins

more like 10 realistically just typing + after the first time i refreshed it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Reading a post, then hit login. After login, "Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/el-natural/143101-re-started-65g-tank-second-try.html)" . Clicking the link works, so the link isn't bad, just the handling of AuthN flows.

This might be a symptom of the same thing causing failures when people are writing posts.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regards to my last post i haven't had to Login on this site in about 5-6 months now.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
As Ed said, it was more than likely due to the session timeout, which has been increased. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if it happens again.

Niall

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but I have to login every day even when I check the "Remember me" box. After I've logged in, I always get the redirect error page.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but I have to login every day even when I check the "Remember me" box. After I've logged in, I always get the redirect error page.
Hmm,

Not replicating this at the moment.
Are you running on any extensions?
There could be a corrupted cookie file in your browser.
I would suggest clearing your caches and cookies to see if that's still an issue.
Note, there is a timeout session of 1 hour. If you're idle for 1 hour, you will get logged out.

Ed

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got the same error again today

sigh

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I was having login issues and finally fixed it by creating a new bookmark which I use to select websites I frequently visit.

DutchMuch,

If you have a long response that maybe, for one reason or another, will take you some time to complete I suggest you type it out on a word doc or some other note pad and when you are done just copy and past it.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was having login issues and finally fixed it by creating a new bookmark which I use to select websites I frequently visit.

DutchMuch,

If you have a long response that maybe, for one reason or another, will take you some time to complete I suggest you type it out on a word doc or some other note pad and when you are done just copy and past it.
Long response? whats that? like what comes up on the page?

its just the same error that i reported a few months back, and the last time.

Has nothing to do with me logging in or anything

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Sorry, I must have misunderstood what happened.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I got the timeout issue with longer posts on this forum a few times as well. As English isn't my mother tongue I sometimes struggle to write every thought down, so it takes me some time to complete my text. :) I learned to press the "preview" button every few minutes and copy the content of my post to the clipboard before I do it. Haven't lost a single post with this practice, but I admit that it's not very convenient.

Chrome/Firefox have plugins which will save your text as you type it and can restore it at any time. Very handy for preventing this type of issues, though I stopped using the plugin due to privacy concerns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts