Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up Hornwort (synonym) and nothing came up. I'm assuming synonym refers to the "common" names for plants?

So I then entered the latin name but it's incorrectly spelled in the finder, fyi.

I also had a couple of suggestions for the finder. Preferred pH and also temperature would be appreciated as provided info. Just a basic acidic, neutral or alkaline should be enough info, I think. And temps, also, low (goldfish type low temps), medium, and high should also be sufficient, I think. Or just a special note if it requires cold or even a dormancy period.

And for the algae guide, that would be really useful if finished up. Pictures and info provided on some of the incomplete entries for algae.

Just suggestions. Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,398 Posts
I looked up Hornwort (synonym) and nothing came up. I'm assuming synonym refers to the "common" names for plants?
At present, it goes for any other name by which the plant may be found in the hobby, scientific or otherwise. I've thought about going back through and clarifying the reason for each synonym, but since the forum is overdue for an upgrade the Plant Finder is due for some work anyway, I'd like to find a better solution that will be built in. Authorship of species will definitely be in there too.

So I then entered the latin name but it's incorrectly spelled in the finder, fyi.
Yikes! It is. Thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately, I'm having an access problem at the moment, but that will be fixed ASAP.

I also had a couple of suggestions for the finder. Preferred pH and also temperature would be appreciated as provided info. Just a basic acidic, neutral or alkaline should be enough info, I think. And temps, also, low (goldfish type low temps), medium, and high should also be sufficient, I think. Or just a special note if it requires cold or even a dormancy period.
I don't think pH is THAT important, but separating by water softness would be more helpful? Temp is a good one, definitely.

And for the algae guide, that would be really useful if finished up. Pictures and info provided on some of the incomplete entries for algae.
We have one of our best people on it. :) That too is awaiting the forum upgrade. Soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts