Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome from another fellow horticulture student. My B.S. degree is from Iowa State and I'm currently working on my M.S. degree. I'm currently trying to save the planet by experimenting with bioplastics for nursery and greenhouse pots:)

Planted tanks only seemed natural to me! Good luck and take advantage of this site. The plantedtank.net will also be a lot of help to you. When you go to buy plants there are lots of online dealers but you will also find sellers on this forum and others selling there plants and trimmings for great deals. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gee, I have forgotten all about that stuff. I actually had to go back and look it up. I am certain that most are not CAM plants, as the majority put off more CO2 at night than they take it in. Plus, there is ample moisture where these plants are found in nature, so they don't need to shut off during the heat of the day. Most of the plants we deal with are marsh plants with submerged and emerged forms, not sure how that plays in. I'll guess C3. :rolleyes:

-Dave
Good Guess;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts