Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Welcome to APC! I got my degree in Horiculture :p and I've found it very helpful in keeping my plants healthy (both in the tank and in the yard) . You'll find this site extremely helpful and informative.

Here is a link (that Niko posted in a Sticky) that will give you some great info to go along with Diane's book:
http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articles/basics/pages/index.html

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Thanks all for the welcome and tips! I haven't had time to soop around to my hearts desire yet because of a botany midterm (parenchyma, parenchyma, parenchyma...) but I look forward to it!

Hey, maybe someone can tell me (with all you hort people), do you know if aquatic plants tend to be C3, C4, or CAM plants? Or is it just random and depends on the species? (I asked on another fish forum and they giggled at me...guess I didn't ask the right audience...)

Thanks!
Gee, I have forgotten all about that stuff. I actually had to go back and look it up. I am certain that most are not CAM plants, as the majority put off more CO2 at night than they take it in. Plus, there is ample moisture where these plants are found in nature, so they don't need to shut off during the heat of the day. Most of the plants we deal with are marsh plants with submerged and emerged forms, not sure how that plays in. I'll guess C3. :rolleyes:

-Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts