Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a twenty gallon tank with three female long-finned rosy barbs, one regular male rosy barb, and three male odessa barbs, plus two pepper cories. The poor AquaClear 20 that is trying to keep up with this crowd is not managing well. The tank is three years old and I have some other issues with it (I added salt for the first year, and the KH is through the roof; 40% weekly water changes for the last year haven't changed it at all). The space I have it in can handle a 29 gallon, but will that be big enough? I have read that these barbs can get up to 5" long, but I have never seen any even close to that. I bought the odessas four months ago, at about 2" long. The rosies I have had for a long time, and they have grown to about the same size, and very stout. How big might they really get?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Your fish should be do able in a 29 gal tank. My rosy barbs only got to about 3" without the tail. If I remember right the odessa barbs do get a little bigger. Just up your aquaclear filter to a 30 or better yet a 50 in your 29 gal tank as long as the plants can take the stronger current. In the mean time cut back your feeding so that the smaller filter can keep up with the bio load in the 20 gal.

Hope this helps

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts