• Stumbled across it

Votes: 87 9.7%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 27 3.0%
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found APC simply by doing a google search on Eheim canister filter reviews (more specifically the Ecco line). I found the wealth of info here to be very beneficial!

Mike

·
Registered
337 Posts
well lets see. first I decided i wanted to plant my tank so i logged off of DAOC and logged onto the Internet (wow this place has grown). goggled for planted aquariums and found LiveAqaria.com. from there i followed a few other links from Google (skipping all the auction sites and such). eventually i found fishgeeks forum (haven't used forums before that one). after looking through a great many of the posts following a great many links to see what people were referring to. many of those led to plantgeek forum threads. so i started reading those forums and following those links and i started posting there and then on fishgeeks. i asked a question and was referred to this site. so here i am not only do i have MTS i also have MFS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
hi,

stumbled onto this from looking for anything to do with guru/s ole pederson at advice of friendly mod fred goodall at DPH.

really nice blogs at lot's of guru's here...

·
Premium Member
5,452 Posts
I don't remember exactly how, just that I came across it, and many of the original folks (Art, Carlos, Tom) were fellow Floridians. So I thought I'd check it out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
re:how did you find APC?

I found this forum by doing a search on aquarium plants.Found a BILLION , chose this one. :^o I also chose plant geek. :rolleyes:
I'm new to the planted tank hobby;although I've had fish tanks off & on for a number of years.I was so tired of rocks & caves(hate plastic & silk plants).So I thought I would try live plants.
Started out with Elodia(?annachorus?),horn wort,java moss,and crypt-bronze.
Well,I found out that elodea needs TONS of light,Eclipse 6 just doesn't cut it!
Horn wort grows like a weed(anybody need some).
Java moss is messy and clogs filters & plants.
My crypts are slow growers and stay green.

I've also added 3 tanks-30 long planted,
-27 hex,
-10gallon

·
Registered
7 Posts
JanS said:
Whether you're new to APC, or have been around since the beginning, tell us how you first found the board.
I found the site using Google....searching for Paludariums. I joined Aug. of 2005 and I hope to meet alot of you all in the future

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am realy interested in fishkeeping with natural plants in the aquarium.Do not have much money to spend-so I surf the net to study about aquacsaping & fishkeeping-this being a hobby since my school days.I have an aquarium (36"x18"x18") .I have amazonplant & bakobaPlant -I have 11 angels,3clown loan loaches ,5 Rainbows,2 feathers(ghosts).I would love suggestions about some colourfull but freshwater live plants.Ifound APC while surhing the net.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am realy interested in fishkeeping with natural plants in the aquarium.Do not have much money to soend-so I surf the net to study about aquacsaping & fishkeeping-this being a hobby since my school days.I have an aquarium (36"x18"x18") Ifound APC while surhing the net.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts