Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

please share if you had planted H. callichtroides in the past! they are sooo tiny. how can I do it? any best way to do it? some of them
float on the surface now. directly plant it in the gravel? or?

please please please give me some ideas.

thanks a lot,

Tim

·
Registered
459 Posts
Tim, the easiest thing to do would be to bring it by my house, I can show you how to plant it in a few minutes. :wink:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i planted them directly in gravel. hope they will be ok. :lol:

Sean,

ummm... they will be in your tank one month later if they still alive. :D

Daemonfly,

i think i know where and who you ordered from. :lol: check your pm... :wink:

Tim

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was just teasing Tim, I have some growing in my competition tank. It roots nicely in the moon sand. I can't imagine trying to plant it in gravel with a bigger grain size.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hubbahubbahehe said:
won't the leaves rot if you leave the bottom leaves in and underneath the gravel???
Yes, eventually they rot off the plant. I always plant stem plants with the leaves on the bottom parts of the stem. Everything settles in like this for me and roots.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok so your leaves don't rot enough that cause the rest of the plant to rot? this is what i experienced...and it killed off a whole bunch of my plants in the beginning..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hubba,

A healthy stem plant will not rot if you leave a few leaves on the bottom. I've been doing it for many years and have never had a problem.

Daemonfly,

H. callitrichoides isn't a true aquatic, so it can and does root to feed. It's just so small that it doesn't take much to knock it loose from the substrate when it's newly planted, so anchoring it can really help, especially if, like me, you have problem children-fish that like to pull up what you just planted. :x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.