Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 3-spot gouramis a couple of weeks ago. They're still young. I was only going to get one but I took the advice of the owner and got 2... Anyway, one of them has been bullying the other, to the extent that the bullied one lurks in amongst the plants and I haven't seen it eat for days. It's not coming to the surface as much as the other one either (they need to swallow air.)

Is there a way I can break the bullying? If I were to put the bully in time out (my hospital tank) for a couple of weeks do you think my other one would gain confidence while it was on its own? Is there anything else I could do, short of taking one of them back to the LFS? It's a 55g tank, there should be plenty of room for both of them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have mentioned the sexes. They're both female.

Hmmm, they're both out at the moment, taking in air at the surface. The problem is I haven't seen the bullied one (gold) eating anything for a while.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The LFS woman said I was better off getting 2 females and a male. I'd never heard that before as I'd always thought they were better on their own.

So I should get at least one more you think? The potential problem there is obvious... if it makes things worse I have 2 extra fish to find a home for instead of 1. Still, I will think about it and do some more research. I have room for more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.