Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there

I have a quick questions. How many 2 litres bottles would be enough for a 10 gallon?

Thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm new so maybe im wrong but I was told for my 75 gal that 2 2liter bottles on my tank would be good. My plants seem to love it as they are very green and growing very fast.

Matt

·
Registered
733 Posts
The 2-liter bottle is a convenient size as it can handle the pressure. However, you can control the amount of CO2 released by the amount of sugar used and the amount of Yeast used. You can experiment by starting with 1 cup of sugar and a 1/4 tsp of baker's yeast. You can add a 1/2 tsp of baking soda to stabilize.

In short, if you use more yeast, your setup will produce more CO2 for a shorter period of time. If you use less yeast, the setup should produce less CO2 for a longer period of time. Considering you're using a 10g tank, I'd go with less yeast.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
733 Posts
In addition, you can also check this website for additional help:
http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

And, btw, 1 bottle should be enough for you as you do not want to suffocate the fish in the tank, should you have any.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
one other thing to add between your co2 bottle and your tank is an empty bottle. this will protect your tank from the possibility of your yeast mixture getting injected as well.

this was mentioned in one of the DIY tutorials.
Put water in that "empty" bottle, and stick one piece of tubing in going below the water surface, and the other above the water, and it is both a bubble counter and a yeast **** remover.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Put water in that "empty" bottle, and stick one piece of tubing in going below the water surface, and the other above the water, and it is both a bubble counter and a yeast **** remover.
yeah... that's what i meant to add as well ;) it's been such a long time since i've had to think about aquariums :D

thanks for the qualification hoppy :)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Yes Indeed! I DIDN'T do this with my DIY set-up and SOOOO regretted it! Definitely do that. When you're CO2 pushes up from the tube that is below the water surface, all the snot will collect there in the "CO2 filter bottle", and then clean CO2 will push up through the other tube and into your tank.

Having that in place will save lots of time and head-ache.

-Dave

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thank you guys. I do not have the second bottle in my setups. I will add it soon.:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one other thing to add between your co2 bottle and your tank is an empty bottle. this will protect your tank from the possibility of your yeast mixture getting injected as well.

this was mentioned in one of the DIY tutorials.
I know this is old but thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.