Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I know this will be very difficult one handed (maybe) but try to gently pull the algae off. Or try the reverse of very gently pulling the Java Moss out of the Algae. So far, I think Java Moss grows pretty easily. I am also discovering some very nice uses for it with baby fish and shrimp. (I still have a lot to learn about shrimp after all these years.)

I would go very, very gently with Excel or any chemicals. I like Excel but I think it is very easy to overdose it. And the last time I tried doing a spot dose - I paid a very high price. Took forever to get the leaves to grow back on one of my Anubias.

True siamese algae eaters, rosy barbs, Flourish excel, water changes, water siphon
I am curious how the SAE or Rosy Barbs would do. That would be interesting.

(I like the photos of your tank.)

Jimbo205

· Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I love Java Moss, and I also get this hair algae from time to time.

What weirds me out is that it is in tanks that have CO2 going.

But not in my tank where I don't.

What gives?

· Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Okay, so now I don't want to dose Excel to accelerate plant growth but only to retard the algae.

Dosing my 10 gallon for this is easy.

But how much should I dose my 75 gallon for this? Again, I only want enough to get rid of the algae. I think my plants grow just fine with just the CO2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.