Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 gallon planted tank (18x72x24) that has been lit with two 182 watt T8 light systems. These systems are over 10 years old and they are falling apart. The bulbs fail regularly and I am continually replacing them. The hardware itself is also deteriorating. I am looking at a Tek Light T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Light 4ft 6 bulb 324W system. Is this sufficient or do I need to order an 8 bulb system. These are quite expensive so I want to make certain I am ordering what I need. I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the quick and very helpful responses. I am concerned, however, that with the introduction of high light I may have to supplement CO2. I have done so in the past but have found that with the more common plants, i.e. Java Fern, Amazon Swords, Valisneria, Myrophyllium, and etc. that the plant growth I achieve with lighting alone is more than adequate for my tastes. Then again, I have never used High Light and do not know what to expect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have elected to buy the Tek T5 4 foot 6 bulb system but now have to make a choice of bulbs. They offer mixes in 6K midday and aqua blue as well as aqua blue plus, actinic, pure actinic. Does anyone have any suggestions which of these bulb combinations I should order? Thanks for all of your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.