Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to find out how much lighting I would need to get my ludwigia repens and some rotala to look nice and red/peach colored from about 8-10" below the water line. If I plan on using T5HO's, how many wpg should I be shooting for? Or is the solution to the coloration in my ferts?
Thanks,
Scouter

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have 324 watts T5 HO over a 90 gallon and the red in my rotala is awesome. It grows so fast that unless i trim it the rotala curves and grows to the side about 8 inches from the top of the water. My ferts are minimal do to the tank being a new start. Iron does help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peteski, so you're saying roughly 3.5 wpg with t5HO's? Anyone else have experience with T5's that differs or is this the general consensus?

Scouter

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I had very good coloring in my Ludwigia repens in a 29 gallon tank with 110 watts of AH Supply light kits. That is 3.8 watts per gallon. Unfortunately I also had a never ending battle keeping algae from taking over.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I'm looking for at least 3+ wpg, and probably close to 3.5. Thanks guys, that's all I needed to know.
Scouter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts