Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We just got done with some PAR meter testing on the tanks we have with bucephalandra. The findings were very surprising tbh. We didn't know just how little light some of our buce was getting! Thats good news for the low-tech people though. Bucephalandra thrive in almost any lighting condition.

Check the link here for our findings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Hmm 8.3 PAR quite low.

I've been quite surprised with mine and how little light they really need. I've kept them in anything from near complete darkness due to being shaded out by 5 inches or so of stem plants above them to 4x54w T5 HO over a 40g tank. They don't seem to be picky at all about lighting. Though the trade off for this extreme light tolerance is ridiculously slow growth at roughly 1 new leaf per month (depending on the species).

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap. That's the trade off. We've noticed, as some other people have mentioned, that the buce that are held in tanks with overdosed nutrients show great colors. It's nice to know that if your tank isn't in the best condition for a couple weeks that your buce wont die though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.