Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not new to planted tanks but I am new to co2 injection. I have a re-scaped 100 litre tank and I am blowing 1.5-2 bubbles per second. I have a 0.95L co2 tank (0.26 gallon aprox. (i think)). TARE weight is 1166g (2.57lbs). It is an aluminium tank. If this tank was filled full, how much would it weigh? On the tank the only marking that I understand is 0.95L, the tare weight I measured myself. The last time I filled my tank its total weight was 1500g aprox (3.31 pounds) altogether. Blowing 1.5-2 bubbles per second, the tank only lasted at most 5 days. I am very confused. I’ve asked some old aquascaping friends how long my tank should last and they said at least like 1-3 months. Definitely not so far. Am I being scammed by the people who fill my bottle? also please use metric or imperial measurements b/c i don’t understand the sciency crap lol...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
You should get a 5lbs/ 2.2kg co2 tank for an aquarium that size unless you’re fine with refilling co2 every week. The 5 lbs tank should last you several months. I have a 20 lbs tank and it should last me a year,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should get a 5lbs/ 2.2kg co2 tank for an aquarium that size unless you’re fine with refilling co2 every week. The 5 lbs tank should last you several months. I have a 20 lbs tank and it should last me a year,
I have a TARE 4 kg (8.82lbs) bottle on the way that can hold 2kg (4.41lbs) of co2 soon so that can probably last me a long time hopefully ):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts