Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very beautiful tank kekon :)
Your reds are super!!!
Was it easy to find seperate chelated traces in shops there here it is almost impossible, even trace mix was difficult to find.
What was your thinking behind adding Mo, Ti, Ni in the trace mix and no Mb or Co?
What do you think was the advantage on making your own trace mix instead of buying a ready made one?
What is the reading of you tank in total NO3 by adding 1 ppm NO3?

·
Registered
340 Posts
So what do you think is the advantage of preparing your own trace mix?
Also I was wondering have you considered the possibility that there is another reason for this redening of your plants apart of the iron increase? For example nitrate deficiency? You see problem is that by doing multiple alteration in you fertilizing regime (or even one for that matter) you run a high risk for attributing one effect to a wrong cause for example the increase of one nutrient could bottom out another one and in this case to have an indirect effect, as a speculation Fe abudance in your case could push the availability of NO3 which already is very low to the limits due to increased growth and this express itself in the form of increased redness. I personally never get this redness in this plants if I am "high" on NO3 and add a ton of Fe, I do get some shift towards red but not reds of this degree.
Just some thoughts
:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.