Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
First excuse me for my poor english :D
I saw a lot of amano's tank photos and i wanted to know how he attached his moss on drift wood ? It is not simply puted on it but it's inserted in it...how does it works?
Thanks .

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Take the driftwood piece out of the tank. Take your healthy green moss and spread it thinly across the piece of driftwood (wherever you want it). You do not need a lot -- just enough to lightly cover the surface. Then, take nylon fishing line and wrap it around the piece of driftwood to keep the moss in place. That is all you really need to do.

I tried using cotton thread before, but I did not like the fact that after a month, I had to be picking out pieces of rotting cotton thread throughout the tank.

Carlos

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the answer ;)
So it's what i did but i found the effect nit as well as in amano's tanks or in yours . I think it's maybe because i did not arange it very well on the drift wood and because i've never cut my java moss :D
Thanks for all ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
commandantp said:
I think it's maybe because i never i've never cut my java moss
I think you're right with that comment, if you trim your moss quite close to the driftwood/rock it is attached to, the new growth will make it look a lot more like you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts