Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a 3.7 gallon tank, and am unsure as to how to fertilize it. The Seachem chart at the top of this page wants me to dose 0.2 mL at a time, how do i do this, by drops, by pippetes, or some other way?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dosing small aquariums is easy. For example PPS-Pro fertilizing dose is 1 ml per 10 gallon or 40 liters a day. For your 3.7 gallon aquarium the dose would be 7 drops a day solution #1 and #2. To do this you can get an eye dropper from your local drug store or pharmacy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edward, i dont want to use pps, as i dont know where to get dry ferts, and would prefer to use a pre mixed solution, even if it costs more.

Now i am confused :confused: as i have two contradictory posts, how many drops are really in a mL?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Edwards recommendation was 7 drops per day of PPS solution, so he wasn't saying 7 drops equals 1 mL, he was giving you specific PPS dosing instructions.

20 drops equals 1 mL. From there, you can figure out the dosing according to your SeaChem products or whatever products you are using.

I highly recommend buying dry ferts. They are so much cheaper, and really easy to put together. For large tanks, you can just dose dry, but for small tanks you can make a solution. It's easy, I promise.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
PPS-Pro daily dose is 1 ml / 10 gallon or 40 liters aquarium.

examples:
1 ml / 10 gallon or 40 liters
5 ml / 50 gallon or 200 liters
10 ml / 100 gallon or 400 liter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because i live in Australia, i probably cant buy from any of these sites...:(
Thanks for the good ideas though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts