Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
jdigiorgio said:
My tank parametrs are;

150 gallon

I have been using all of the FLOURISH products for over a year and it was just getting too expensive. I had Tom Barr over my house and he reccommended that I start doising ALOT more then what I was previously dosing. I was adding about 15ml of Flourish a week, he suggested around 30 ml three times a week. I have noticed a dramatic increase in plant growth over the last 7 weeks since I upped the dosing.
If you are using Plantex CSM+B ... you can mix 1 tablespoon of Plantex CSM+B and 1 tablespoon of Magnesium Sulfate into 500 ml of water to create a do-it-yourself micro nutrient solution ... at this ratio, you will need to dose 1.25 ml per 1 ml of Flourish that you were originally dosing.

jdigiorgio said:
The question I have is that Tomm stated add [...] 1/8 tsp of KH2PO4, 4 times a week. Now looking and double checking on Chuck Glad's calculator, It states add around 6 tsp of KH2PO4 to achieve around .6ppm of PO4.
Your math is just a little off <grin> ... according to Chuck Gadd's calculator 1/8 tsp will add approximately 0.74 ppm of phosphate to your 150 gallon aquarium ... I suspect that you have some strange number in the Amount of Water to Mix with cell .... if you are dry dosing, put a 1 ml in this cell and then the results cell will tell you how many ppm this would add to your aquarium.

jdigiorgio said:
Also on Chuck's site for KNO3, is the target states 5ppm. Is that 5.00ppm or .5ppm?
That's 5.0 ppm ... and I suspect you encountered the same math issue on your KNO3 calculation as the phosphate one above ...

Thanks,
Greg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts