Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the title pretty much says it all. Newbie question I know... but I still am not sure to go with a live tank or all fake stuff....

Thanks,
Collin

·
Registered
584 Posts
Silver, most people on this forum have planted tanks, but I know that some have saltwater. Anyway I did some research before deciding on a planted tank and the absolute best filter in saltwater is live rock. After that it depends on how into it you want to get. Some corals need more light than others. Soft corals are easier (usually) than hard corals. Each one might have it's own parameters that need to be met. I am not discouraging you as far as corals but you have to do some more research to really figure out what you want out of your tank. As far as plants go there really aren't any in saltwater. What are considered "plants" in saltwater are macroalgae.

There is a lot more research to be done before you can answer your own question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.