Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get my plants as red as I used to. I have 4 wpg and pressurized co2. I dose some flourish, flourish iron, and some other trace element product. After upgrading to pressurized and 4 wpg I didnt change my dosing and I think I need to, to get the deeper reds I want. What products shoud I get that will make my plants more red?

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
It doesn't sound like you're adding any macros (K, NO3, PO4). With that much lighting, you really need to stay on top of your ferts or you're asking for algae. Shoot for a 10:2 NO3:pO4 ratio and see what happens. Many keep phosphates high in relation to nitrates for increased red coloration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I'm not really dosing too much but I havent had any algae problems since the tank was set up. Does anyone know a good place to get cheap ferts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering ordering some of the PMDD pre-mix. Would this be enough to give me most of my macro and micro nutrients?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I and most people buy the seperate ingredients and dose as needed. I tried the pmdd mix and I didnt like it. I dose flourish and then K2So4, Kno3, Mono Phosphate, and CaCl and MgSo4, plus excel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts