Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently on my 20 Long tank, I'm using that little Hagen co2 system. The problem is, based on the pH/kh table, even with this i'm at around 2ppm of co2. As i'm still living at home, i'm forbidden to go pressurized. If i use a larger bottle, say a gallon milk jug for a co2 bottle, would that create enough co2 to help?
I also dose with flourish excel.

PS. sorry if this doesn't make sense, it's late and i'm tired ;)

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would I be attaching the lexan to? If i keep the tank topped off to the correct point, there's actually not much surface agitation.

I had been considerding adding an Aquaclear powerhead with quickfilter attachment to the tank as well, in the back right corner. As it's a 20 long tank and the penguin is in the back left corner, there's not much water movement at the opposite side of the tank.

Botia dude said:
With the filter you're using you probably have a significant amount of surface agitation. You can use a sheet of lexan attached to the outflow on your Penguin filter to cut down on the CO2 loss. Give that a shot and let us know how your CO2 levels are.

Cheers,
Anthony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.