Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A "How To.." question for the seasoned professionals.

How does Oliver Knott 'attach' Riccia in the following photograph? As far as I can see, it is not attached to a rock (from looking at other of his photos). Could it be attached to a 'plate' of some type? How easy is it to maintain Riccia in this form?

Photo copyright Oliver Knott "The Aqua Creator" www.pbase.com/plantella

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read something somewhere where the person took 2 plastic needlepoint grids, cut them in circles, spread riccia over one and covered it with the other. Sort of a riccia sandwich. Then the edges were stapled together. Small stones or gravel were then used to hold the edges down.

I have no idea if that is what Oliver Knott is doing here but, I'll bet that works good!

Jan

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry to go off-topic, but does anyone else's monitor hum when they view that nature-aquarium aquarium website? Everytime I look at that site it does that and I never figured it out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Picture isn't showing.? Can someone give me a detail of who this guy Oliver knott is? Is he another Amano? Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay, Thanks for the link. I suppose it must be that method used or perhaps attachment to slate.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts