Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to send a Marimo (Chladophora aegagropila) but am not certain as to how it should be sent. I guess I would have sent it like any other plant (moist but no water)but when I bought it today, the guy bagged it like a fish, while the Java fern was bagged separately without water. Should I send the Marimo in water or would it be okay to send it like a regular plant?

Thanks.

-Naomi

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't have any experience sending the Marimo ball, but based on what's to follow, I don't see why it can't be mailed like any other plant.

I once removed the ball from my tank while re-aquascaping, and completely forgot about it until a week later during a water change. It was almost completely dry. I placed it back into the tank and it's still alive. It's a very resilient species. If it can survive to almost being dry for a week, then I imagine it would be fine in transit for 3 days. I would mail it damp instead of packaged in water like fish.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COOL! I'm glad I don't have to include the unnecessary weight of water. Gee, maybe after the Apocalypse, it'll be the Marimos that inherit the Earth :lol:.

This will be *perfect* for my niece, then. If it can survive a week out of water, it should be fine in the hands of a nine-year-old :wink:.

Thanks a lot!

-Naomi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts