Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 large pieces of driftwood that I purchased. However, they do not sink. Anyone have any ideas on how to anchor them down? Their both approx. 24" x 20" x 15"

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glue it to a piece of slate or bury it under rocks. You can try boiling it or letting it sit in water for some time to see if it'll sink on its own. But from my experience; if it doesn't sink when you buy it, you shouldn't expect it to after you try to treat it.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
It depends on what type of wood it is. Weighting the wood underneath rocks or something in a tub can do the trick. I would put a powerhead in with it to keep the water circulating and prevent stagnation. Frequent water changes help too. Using warmer or even hot water helps too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have used a large rubbermaid tub, Fill with hot water and place something heavy on top of wood to hold the wood down. With pieces of wood that big it will take some time for them to become waterlogged.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have read somewhere else on APC that someone used a piece of plexi glass glued to the bottom of the drift wood and then just piled gravel on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use to tie some stones at the bottom of the driftwood, after a month or so I cut the wire and take off the stones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts